Plus and Premier members of the Detroit Design Network are welcomed to share their industry expertise at one of five Design and Dine lunch lectures. Designers can apply to develop and deliver a 50 minute lecture, program, or workshop. The series aims to connect designers, share knowledge, and help attendees build a wide range of design-based skillsets.
Topics can be on a variety of subjects. Some key areas that members have expressed an interest in for future sessions include copywriting and content, business skills, graphic design, marketing, and more.
Each proposal is reviewed for the following criteria:
- Diversity of design disciplines
- Interest and relevancy of the subject matter
- A thoroughly developed proposal idea
- 11:30am - 12:00pm: Registration and lunch
- 12:00pm - 12:50pm: Presentation
- 12:50 - 1:00pm: Q & A
- prepare presentation curriculum
- draft a program description and titles for promotion
Design Network staff will...
- pay a $500 facilitator stipend
- promote the lecture
- manage registration
- secure event space
- order lunch
There will be five opportunities to present at a Design and Dine Lunch Lecture series. The 2019 schedule is as follows:
- April 18, 2019
- June 20, 2019
- August 22, 2019
- October 24, 2019