Instashot! Architectural Photography Competition
Purchased in 2017 by Hill Harper, the Charles T. Fisher Mansion, the largest residence in the Boston Edison neighborhood in Detroit, has been undergoing a historic renovation for more than a year. Interior and landscape designers have been meticulously selected to design the space, which will debut to the public during Detroit’s Month of Design, as part of The Junior League of Detroit Designers’ Show House.
In celebration of the debut, Design Core Detroit is hosting the The Instashot! Architectural Photography Competition and is seeking photographers who can best capture the completely renovated Fisher Mansion.
The Competition will occur between September 4-13, 2018. Below is a tentative schedule that is subject to change based on the accessibility to the home.
Weds., Sept. 4
Photographers onsite to capture home
Thurs., Sept. 5
Photo editing and upload onto Submittable
Fri., Sept. 6
Jury review and voting
Sat., Sept. 7
Thurs., Sept. 13: Winner revealed at Blogger Breakfast on Thursday, 9/13
Thurs., 9/13 - Sun., 9/16): Social media campaign to promote winner, Show House and Month of Design.
The photography competition is open to invited photographers only. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition. By entering this competition, the photographer is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. Images from the competition will be shared by Design Core Detroit on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Design Core’s website, Junior League of Detroit, and ASPIRE Home & Design website.
Entry Deadline: Monday, July 30th, 2018.
If you have any questions, please email Kiana Wenzell at email@example.com and put "Instashot Photo Competition" in the subject line.
- To enter the Competition, photographers must accept an invitation from Design Core Detroit.
- Photographers will then be invited to join Submittable and complete a contact form.
- Once pictures are taken photographers must upload their five best high resolution images to Submittable within 24 hours after photographing the showhouse for review by the judging panel.
- All competition photos must be uploaded onto Submittable in jpeg or png format.
- The images must include;
- (1) exterior front view image of the home;
- (2) exterior garden image; and
- (3) Images of any other rooms in the home.
- By submitting an entry to the Competition, photographers grant Design Core Detroit, Junior League of Detroit and ASPIRE Home & Design Magazine the following rights:
- Permission for your entry to be published on Design Core Detroit, Junior League of Detroit and ASPIRE Home & Design Magazine, website and social media platforms including but not limited to designcore.org, http://www.jldetroit.org/, aspiremetro.com;
- Permission to use and publish your competition entry in any/all media (including in electronic format, hard copy and in Design Core publications) for purposes connected with the competition;
- And the right to use your name for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry and/or as a winner of the Competition.
- You own the copyright to your competition entry as its author.
- Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use, must not include any trade marks or watermarks.
ANNOUNCING THE WINNER
- A panel of judges made up of (1) person from Design Core, (1) person from Junior League of Detroit, (1) person from ASPIRE Design & Home Magazine will vote on the winner.
- When choosing the winner and runners up, the judges will be looking for the most well composed, artistic and original images that evokes the best interpretation of the home.
- The photographer with the top 6 photos will win Photo Competition.
- The winner will be notified by phone and email within 2 days of the competition closing date and will be invited to attend the Blogger Breakfast to claim their prize. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 3 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The winner will be announced during the Junior League of Detroit’s Blogger Breakfast on Thursday, September 13th.
- Cash Prizes:
- 1st Place: $300
- 2nd Place: $200
- 3rd Place: $100
- Winner will receive mention on digital platforms:
- Aspire Design & Home Website (https://aspiremetro.com/)
- Junior League of Detroit Website
- Junior League of Detroit Digital Brochure
- Official Junior League of Detroit Showhouse Website
- Design Core Detroit Instagram
- Swag Bag created by Junior League of Detroit
- (2) Tickets to the Junior League Showhouse (a $70 value)
- The Winner will have their picture and displayed alongside their selected photo in September Design Core newsletter.
This competition is a Detroit Month of Design signature event and is powered by Design Core Detroit in partnership with the Junior League of Detroit and ASPIRE Home & Design Magazine.