Design Core Detroit is honored to celebrate the 9th edition of the Detroit Month of Design (MoD) in September. This citywide celebration of creativity will gather designers, consumers and enthusiasts to celebrate Detroit's role as a national and global design capital. The celebration is an opportunity for creatives and the general public to experience Detroit design and showcase what's happening in the city locally and globally.
Design Core volunteers are true advocates of Detroit design and help us put on a dynamic show in September and year round. Volunteering for Design Core puts you in the middle of one of the country’s largest and most dynamic design experiences. Whether you’re a design enthusiasts or creative professioanl we can help you connect while having social impact. Complete this application and a member from our team will contact you. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Street Team: Distribute maps, posters, and other promotional materials around the city and metro area leading up to the festival.
- Décor: You can’t have a festival without decorations! We have been lucky to have many artists volunteer their time and skill to help create low-budget installations and experiences to add that extra je ne sais quoi to Detroit ‘s Month of Design happenings.
- Day-of Team: Help execute day-of tasks for larger happenings (Detroit’s Month of Design Kick-Off Party, Eastern Market After Dark, Commerce Awards Ceremony, Youth Day, Light Up Livernois).
- Information Guide: Assist attendees in need of suggestions or directions to Detroit’s Month of Design happenings.
- Drinks x Design: Day-of assistance at our monthly Drinks x Design events.
Applicants are not limited to one submission. Please fill out another application to be considered for other opportunities.
Email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.