Design Core Detroit is honored to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Detroit Month of Design September 1st - 30th.
If you own or manage a space that you'd like to activate with Detroit Month of Design programming, we want to hear from you! Sometimes a designer has a great idea for an installation, talk or experience but needs a venue. If you have a cool space and want to open your doors for design programming, complete this application and a member of our team will contact you if we come across a match.
Who is eligible to apply? Venue opportunities are open to the public. We place an emphasis on venues located in Detroit, but are open to submissions from regional businesses and organizations.
Host venues are asked to open up their space in-kind if paired with a designer. The remainder of the event programming is funded, managed and implemented by the organizing designer. Design Core does not offer micro-grants. We recommend all designers have a plan in place to attain the financial and technical support needed to execute their event or experience.
- May: Selected designers are notified
- June: Design Core works to pair designers with a host venue
- July: Design Core finalizes matchmakings and pairings
- August: Program guides are printed and distributed
- September: Detroit Month of Design
- October: Reporting and tracking
2020 Curatorial Committee
- Blige Nur Saltik, Founder, Form & Seek
- Amani Olu, Founder and CEO, Olu & Company
- Rosalyn Karamoko, Owner, Detroit is the New Black
- Tiffany Cobb, Principal Designer, Tiffany René Interior Design
- Alice Stori Liechtenstein, Founder, Schloss Hollenegg for Design
- Noah Resnik, Associate Dean, University of Detroit Mercy, School of Architecture
About Detroit Month of Design
The Detroit Month of Design is annual festival highlighting multi-disciplinary design practices throughout the city. This citywide celebration gathers designers, business owners, consumers and enthusiasts to honor and recognize Detroit's role as a national and global design capital. The festival is an opportunity for makers and the greater community to experience the latest works and ideas by Detroit's top design talent.
About Design Core Detroit
Design Core Detroit's mission is to establish Detroit as a recognized and valued world-class resource for creative talent by strengthening design-driven businesses. In addition to providing traditional business support services to design businesses, Design Core works to grow the market for Detroit design and works to position Detroit design as having unique value. Design Core is a department within College for Creative Studies. As the steward of Detroit’s UNESCO City of Design designation, Design Core also serves as the convener and backbone organization for the Detroit City of Design initiative.
Applicants are not limited to one submission. Please fill out another application to be considered for other opportunities.
Email questions to: email@example.com.