Design Core Detroit is honored to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Detroit Month of Design September 1st -30th.
Volunteering for Design Core puts you in the middle of one of the country’s largest and most dynamic design experiences. Whether you’re a design enthusiasts or creative professional, there are opportunities for you to be a part of Detroit Month of Design while having a social impact. Complete this application and a member from our team will contact you. Applications to volunteer are open from Monday, February 10th and will close August 1st.
Who is eligible to apply? Volunteer opportunities are open to the public.
Volunteer opportunities includes the following:
- Promotion: Distribute maps, posters, and other promotional materials around the city and metro area leading up to the festival.
- Décor: You can’t have a festival without a good vibe! We have been lucky to have many artists volunteer their time and skill to help create installations and experiences to add that extra je ne sais quoi to Detroit ‘s Month of Design happenings.
- Day-of Team: Help execute day-of tasks like setting up, check-ins, tear down and more for larger events (Detroit’s Month of Design Kick-Off Party, Eastern Market After Dark, Commerce Awards Ceremony, Youth Design Days).
- Information Guide: Assist attendees with suggestions or directions to Detroit’s Month of Design events.
- Drinks x Design: Day-of assistance at our monthly Drinks x Design events.
Volunteers are needed at the following Design Core events:
- Thursday, March 12th: Drinks x Design
- Thursday, April 9th: Drinks x Design
- Thursday, May 14th: Drinks x Design
- Thursday, June 11th: Drinks x Design
- Thursday, July 9th: Drinks x Design
- Thursday, August 13th: Drinks x Design
- Thursday, September 10th: Design Bash
- Thursday, September 17th: Eastern Market After Dark
About Detroit Month of Design The Detroit Month of Design is annual festival highlighting multi-disciplinary design practices throughout the city. This citywide celebration gathers designers, business owners, consumers and enthusiasts to honor and recognize Detroit's role as a national and global design capital. The festival is an opportunity for makers and the greater community to experience the latest works and ideas by Detroit's top design talent.
About Design Core Detroit
Design Core Detroit's mission is to establish Detroit as a recognized and valued world-class resource for creative talent by strengthening design-driven businesses. In addition to providing traditional business support services to design businesses, Design Core works to grow the market for Detroit design and works to position Detroit design as having unique value. Design Core is a department within College for Creative Studies. As the steward of Detroit’s UNESCO City of Design designation, Design Core also serves as the convener and backbone organization for the Detroit City of Design initiative.
Applicants are not limited to one submission. Please fill out another application to be considered for other opportunities.
Email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.