Design Core Detroit is honored to celebrate the 9th edition of the Detroit Month of Design (MoD) in September. This citywide celebration of creativity will gather designers, consumers and enthusiasts to celebrate Detroit's role as a national and global design capital. The celebration is an opportunity for creatives and the general public to experience Detroit design and showcase what's happening in the city locally and globally.
Design Core volunteers are true advocates of Detroit design and help us put on a dynamic show in September and year round. Volunteering for Design Core puts you in the middle of one of the country’s largest and most dynamic design experiences. Whether you’re a design enthusiasts or creative professioanl we can help you connect while having social impact. Complete this application and a member from our team will contact you. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Street Team: Distribute maps, posters, and other promotional materials around the city and metro area leading up to the festival.
- Décor: You can’t have a festival without decorations! We have been lucky to have many artists volunteer their time and skill to help create low-budget installations and experiences to add that extra je ne sais quoi to Detroit ‘s Month of Design happenings.
- Day-of Team: Help execute day-of tasks for larger happenings (Detroit’s Month of Design Kick-Off Party, Eastern Market After Dark, Commerce Awards Ceremony, Youth Day, Light Up Livernois).
- Information Guide: Assist attendees in need of suggestions or directions to Detroit’s Month of Design happenings.
- Drinks x Design: Day-of assistance at our monthly Drinks x Design events.
Applicants are not limited to one submission. Please fill out another application to be considered for other opportunities.
Email questions to: email@example.com.
DRINKS X DESIGN
Drinks x Design offers an opportunity for creative businesses throughout the city to open their doors and share their work with the public. Held in a new location on the second Thursday of every month from 5:30-8 p.m. the event allows attendees to meet new people, make connections, promote their creative endeavors and learn about other projects in their community. Event information is released one month before each event.
We are always looking for new spaces, talent, design ambassadors and partners. If interested, please fill out the following form and someone from our team will contact you. Thanks!
Plus and Premier members of the Detroit Design Network are welcomed to share their industry expertise at one of five Design and Dine lunch lectures. Designers can apply to develop and deliver a 50 minute lecture, program, or workshop. The series aims to connect designers, share knowledge, and help attendees build a wide range of design-based skillsets.
Topics can be on a variety of subjects. Some key areas that members have expressed an interest in for future sessions include copywriting and content, business skills, graphic design, marketing, and more.
Each proposal is reviewed for the following criteria:
- Diversity of design disciplines
- Interest and relevancy of the subject matter
- A thoroughly developed proposal idea
- 11:30am - 12:00pm: Registration and lunch
- 12:00pm - 12:50pm: Presentation
- 12:50 - 1:00pm: Q & A
- prepare presentation curriculum
- draft a program description and titles for promotion
Design Network staff will...
- pay a $500 facilitator stipend
- promote the lecture
- manage registration
- secure event space
- order lunch
There will be five opportunities to present at a Design and Dine Lunch Lecture series. The 2019 schedule is as follows:
- April 18, 2019
- June 20, 2019
- August 22, 2019
- October 24, 2019
Need some design work or creative services?
You’ve come to the right place.
The Detroit Design Network is the easiest, most effective way to hire a local Detroit design agency or freelancer. We’ve selected Detroit’s finest creatives and simplified the vendor process. You can simply submit your project to us, and get multiple bids from vetted, experienced, and reliable designers.
Why use the Design Network?
- Access to industry-vetted, experienced designers and firms in one place
- Post one RFP, and receive multiple from qualified firms and freelancers
- Easiest, quickest way to hire local designers and firms
How does this work?
First, you'll submit the Request for Proposal (RFP) or Scope of Work (SOW) for your project. Once we receive your completed proposal information, we share it with the designers in our Detroit Design Network via our weekly member newsletter. From here, the designers will directly respond to your main contact with their individual bids.
You can learn more about the process of hiring a designer here, and view a sample RFP template here. If you need additional support, please email Cydney Camp (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Bonnie Fahoome (email@example.com).